Model appropriate interactions.
Provide opportunities for children to complete tasks together:
– shared jobs, for example, tidying the writing corner;
– labelling, for example, own/jointly made constructions, pictures, classroom signs;
– puppet plays;
– brainstorming and list making;
– role play;
– sorting activities – open (child determines criteria) or closed (teacher sets criteria), for example, magnetic letters, objects beginning with given sounds, words, syllables;
– writing activities, for example, greetings cards, messages;
– problem-solving tasks, for example, complete jigsaws and puzzles, using construction materials to build models.